Invest in Greene

Economic Development Plan

October 29th, 2014

Greene County’s Economic Development team is constantly researching and developing new ways to improve commerce in our area. The following is our collection of data and studies to help you discover opportunities for your business. Greene County Marketing Blueprint A blueprint of recommendations for Greene County Economic Development on the best strategies to enhance county…


Workforce Development

October 9th, 2014

The Columbia Greene Workforce Development Investment System assists businesses in locating employees, facilitates on-the-job training grants, and labor market information. New York State Job Bank Columbia Greene Workforce Investment System can connect employers with available skilled labor by utilizing the NYS Job Bank. The NYS Job Bank is a no cost business tool to post…


Main Street Revitalization

October 9th, 2014

Greene County Main Street Revitalization Program has been extremely active with the improvement of Main Street buildings, having assisted in the re-development of over 150 sites since 2003. The County offers technical support and seeks State funding for projects when available. Village of Catskill Downtown and Waterfront Revitalization Plan The first phase of a “Downtown…


Catskill Watershed Corporation Business Loan Assistance Program

October 9th, 2014

In areas of Greene County that are part of the New York City watershed, special low-interest business loan assistance is available to retain or create jobs. CWC’s Economic Development Programs The programs are intended to support environmentally responsible businesses and to create and retain jobs in the Catskills. They are intended to help offset impacts…


SBA MicroLoan

October 9th, 2014

Greene County businesses are eligible for SBA MicroLoan funding, which can be utilized as an avenue to expand your business. The MicroLoan Program The program provides loans up to $50,000 to help small businesses and certain not-for-profit childcare centers start up and expand. The U.S. Small Business Administration provides funds to specially designated intermediary lenders,…


Real Property Tax 485(b) Exemption

October 9th, 2014

Every municipality in Greene County offers 485(b) tax exemptions for improved property, which ramps-up the increased valuation for improvements over a ten-year schedule. Tax Exemption The NYS 485(b) Property Tax Exemption aims to relieve the burden of project completion through tax exemption. To apply for this exemption, eligible entities must complete Form RP-485-b and contact…


Microenterprise Assistance Program Funding

October 9th, 2014

New business start-ups or businesses with five or fewer employees may be eligible for low-interest financing, and State grant/loan funding. Program Description The Greene County MAP, administered by the Greene County Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Planning, assists in the establishment and expansion of small businesses that are start-ups or are in business and…


Quantum Fund Financing

October 9th, 2014

Projects that are generating new investment and creating new permanent employment in the County can be eligible for low-interest financing through the Greene County Quantum Fund Financing Program. Amount Available: $20,000-$400,000 Matching Funds: Quantum Fund loans can provide a maximum of 50% of the project financing. The remaining financing may be bank financing, other private…


One of the Best Places to Relocate in America

September 2nd, 2014

Greene County is located in the Great Northern Catskills and the Upper Hudson Valley.  From the banks of the Hudson River to the peaks of the Catskill Mountains, Greene County‘s communities abound with rustic country landscapes, recreational opportunities, historic sites and arts and cultural institutions. Relocating a Business to Greene County, you’ll find one of…


Greene County NY’s Workforce

September 2nd, 2014

Greene County boasts a workforce consisting of approximately 22,200 people. Of those employed in Greene County, 48% are residents of the area, while the other 52% commute from surrounding counties. Albany, Ulster, Columbia and Dutchess Counties provide the largest percentages of workers that commute into Greene. More than 50% of Greene County residents are between…